As the cannabis industry evolves, so does the usage of weed-infused products. How about aiming a little higher and infusing its goodness into a drink for the ultimate relaxation on the weekend with friends? How about a marijuana-infused mojito?
Mojito – The Spirit of Cuba
The delightful mojito has come a long way. One of the oldest cocktails of Cuba, the drink has an interesting history. Some say that it was born in the 16th century when world-renowned explorer Francis Drake invaded Havana unsuccessfully and was offered an early version of the drink called “El Draque,” named after him. The drink then was a crude form of rum, guarapo (a sweet, energizing syrup made from the heart of the Canary Palm), sugarcane juice, lime juice and refreshing mint. The name “mojito” came from the African word “mojo” meaning “to place a little spell.”
Others say that the men on Drake’s ship came down with severe scurvy and dysentery as they sailed towards Havana. A few sailors were sent ashore to seek remedies. The kind, local Cubans served them ingredients that they muddled into a mojito. The lime and mint must have done the trick for Francis Drake and his men recovered soon enough to make history with their explorations.
The mojito grew in prominence on the international stage when writer Ernest Hemingway took to it after a visit to a bar in Cuba. What made it a rage in later years was its momentary resurgence in a James Bond film called “Die Another Day,” starring Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry, in the year 2002. Mojito is one of the world’s most popular drinks now, all set to fly to a higher level with a hint of weed.
Recipe for Marijuana-Infused Mojito
1. 5 gm of cannabis (sativa strain)
2. A bottle of fine rum
3. ½ lime, cut into slices
4. ½ cup crushed ice
5. Carbonated water
6. 2 teaspoons brown sugar
7. Fresh mint sprigs
● First, decarboxylate the weed. Here’s a quick chemistry lesson about what that means and why it’s important. Raw cannabis doesn’t contain THC and CBD. Instead, it contains the acidic, non-psychoactive THCA and CBDA compounds carrying an extra carboxyl group that is less bioavailable.
● To decarboxylate, grind raw cannabis; place it on a sheet tray and bake at 110–116°C for about an hour.
● Infuse your bottle of rum with cannabis. To do this, place the decarboxylated weed inside a soft cheesecloth tied with a string. Steep this in the bottle of rum. Store the rum for 24 hours or up to 7 days. The longer you soak it, the more potent the rum will be.
● To make the mojito, add sugar, mint and lime in a highball glass and pound well. Take a muddler or a flat-bottomed wooden tool, press down and smash the ingredients gently until the juices are released. Add crushed ice and a shot of the weed-infused rum.
● Fill up a glass with carbonated water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Cheers! You are now ready to enjoy a new high.
My Green Solution
For premium sativa to prepare delightful cannabis cocktails and cannabis products, order from My Green Solution. We have been in the cannabis industry for several years, offering a wide variety of marijuana products for recreational and healing purposes. Our marijuana dispensary is committed to distributing safe, secure, discreet delivery. Browse through our website to shop for quality cannabis products at competitive rates.